Eat as a side dish or as a open face sandwich on whole-wheat bread.
- tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with oil
- Bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition: Per serving – 91 calories
6 g fat; 4 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 375 mg sodium; 363 mg potassium.