Perfect for a summer lunch, shrimp burgers are tasty and healthy, great barbeque fare.
Makes 4 servings
- Olive Oil Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 tsp. Seafood Seasoning
- 1 lb. Shrimp, raw, size, peeled
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Butter or Canola Oil
- Whole wheat buns, toasted
- 6 oz. Tomato slices
- 4 Romaine or Bibb Lettuces leaves
- Whisk together in a small bowl: 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt, 2 Tbsp. relish, ¼ seafood seasoning.
- Place ½ lb. shrimp in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Add 1 egg, 1 Tbsp. minced garlic, and ¾ tsp. seafood seasoning to food processor, combine by pulsing.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Roughly chop remaining shrimp and add to the bowl.
- Add 3 Tbsp. chopped Parsley; lightly stir to combine.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in large, skillet, med. heat.
- Place patties in the heated skillet, cook 4 to 5 minutes until shrimp is done and edges of patties are crispy.
- Place a cooked patty on each bun half, top with 4 tsps. mayo or yogurt mixture, tomato slice, 1 lettuce leaf. Top with other bun half. Or serve with tomato and lettuce, no bun.
Nutrition – per serving: 404 calories w/ bun; 253 calories w/ no bun
Fat 21 g, Cholesterol 216 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 24 g, Carbohydrate 33 mg, Sodium 643 mg, Iron 3 mg, Calcium 259 mg.