Creamy Broccoli Salad A healthy, low fat Broccoli Salad that is a wonderful combination of taste and sensation.
- ¼ Cup Cottage cheese, reduced fat
- ⅓ Cup Greek yogurt, fat-free plain
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ Cup red onion, minced
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Lemon Pepper
- 8 oz broccoli, crowns, trimmed and finely chopped
- 7 oz beans, garbanzos (chickpeas), rinsed
- ½ Cup(s) pepper(s), red, bell, chopped
- ⅓ Cup sunflower seeds.
- ¾ Cup dried cranberries
- Add 8 oz broccoli crowns, 7 oz garbanzos, ½ C bell pepper, ⅓ C sunflower seeds, ¾ C dried cranberries and ¼ C minced red onion to large bowl; toss.
- Create the dressing: Use either a whisk or a food processor to combine ⅓ C yogurt, ¼ C cottage cheese, ½ tsp. Lemon Pepper, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture; toss.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition: per serving size, 1 Cup
Calories 249, Total Fat 8.33 g, Cholesterol 19.5 mg, Sodium 294 mg, Potassium 355 g, Protein 11.76 g, Fiber 6.43g, Carbohydrates 36 g, Sugar 16 g.