Shrimp Fried Rice from the pantry –
This Shrimp Fried Rice recipe is an example from our soon to be published new FitCui cookbook using items typically ‘on-hand’ in the pantry and refrigerator.
Items from the pantry blend together in a tasty, healthy, simple and quick meal:
- rice, cold
- frozen vegetables
- oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger.
Shrimp Fried Rice is nutritious, easy and ready in a jiffy!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot (1 medium carrot)
- ¼ Cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons Canola/Olive, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1.5 pounds medium shrimp, cleaned and cooked
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 stalks green onion, minced
- 4 -5 cups cold rice, well fluffed
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed (2)
- Combine in a bowl, and set aside: 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- Heat 1.5 tablespoon Canola/Olive oil in a wok/nonstick skillet, med-high heat.
- Add 3 slightly beaten eggs to the wok/skillet; cook until set.
- Remove eggs and place on a cutting board.
- Chop up the eggs; set aside on cutting board.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped carrot, 2 teaspoons grated ginger, 2 cloves minced garlic and 2 stalks chopped scallions/green onions.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add 4.5 Cups rice, stir fry until it begins to brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1 Cup peas and the soy sauce mixture (from step 1); stir, combining ingredients.
- Continue cooking for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1.5 pounds of shrimp and then the chopped up egg back to the wok/skillet; stir fry for 1 more minute.
- Serve immediately.